Friday, September 17, 2010

The One

 All the lessons of my life are one:
 I control nothing outside myself,
Yet my decisions affect all.
           
All the power of my life flows from one Source
I exist in Love as a fish in water,
Wholly sustained.

All the decisions of my life are one:
To rest in Love and to forgive,
Accepting absolution.
           
All the time of my life is this one moment:
 I affirm the past and await
 The promise of the future.

I listened to a wonderful lecture last night by Ken Wilber. He said that issues of spirituality, faith and religion are more important than global warming (or any external problem, I assume.) He laid out developmental levels of states of consciousness. The above poem was written in a moment when I experienced, however fleeting, the integral level. 

No comments:

Post a Comment