Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Letting Be

Thank you, East, and thank you, South.
Thank you, West, and thank you, North.
Thanks, Above, and thanks, Below.
And thank you, Sacred Self within.

I in Thou, and Thou in me,
Thou in all and all in Thee
Letting go and letting be,
I in Thou, and thou in me.

I use this song, to the tune of "Just a Closer Walk With Thee," as part of a body prayer done in the warm pool in my back yard on a more-or-less regular basis. I love the feeling it gives me of being at the center of the Universe.

I also used it as part of the celebration of completing chemotherapy, to which I'd invited my spiritual community before Fred's stroke. He was still in ICU when we gathered, so the celebration doubled as a prayer session for his recovery. It worked well.

One of the important works of our time is reinventing meaningful ritual, both solitary and corporate. I'd love some comments on this. What are rituals you've invented?  

No comments:

Post a Comment